Pop-Up Tree Card
Use this card to create an invitation to a tree planting party!
You will need the following craft supplies:
- 3 pieces of construction paper per card (one sheet should be green)
- Scissors and glue
- Art supplies (markers, glitter, stickers, etc.)
1. Take two pieces of construction paper and fold them in half. These will make up the inside and outside of your card.
2. On the sheet of paper that you would like to be the inside of your card, cut two pairs of short parallel lines (there should be four cuts in total). These cuts will be what makes your trees pop up and will serve as the trunks of your trees.
3. Next, open up the card and push up the newly cut flaps. Bend the flaps so that they form a 90 degree angle. Then close the card, keeping the flaps inside.
4. Using green construction paper, cut out two tree shapes. Remember that they will fold down when the card is closed so don’t make them so big that they stick out.
5. Glue the trees to the trunks/flaps.
6. Finally, glue the outer part of your card to your pop-up card being careful not to glue where the pop-up trees are. Decorate the card with markers or glitter if you like.