Spring Recipes: Lemon Shrimp Pasta Salad
Looking for a fresh new spring dish? Our lemon shrimp pasta salad has just the zest you’re after!
What You’ll Need
- 5 cups (300 g) of farffalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
- 1 lb. (500 g) of fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch sections
- 3/4 cup of Italian-style dressing
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 1 lb. (500 g) of cooked large shrimp (20 to 25)
- 1 cup of halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (200 g) of shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions; add asparagus to pot for the last three minutes of the pasta cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta and asparagus with cold water and let drain well.
- In the meanwhile, mix salad dressing, oregano and lemon peel.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl. Add dressing, shrimp, tomatoes and cheese and toss lightly. Serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.