New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
kiss_me - February 23rd, 2011 4:02 AM

my niece is 3 years old but we have quite a problem with potty training.
She just can't seem to hold it,often times she would wet her pants or poo on it.
Is there like a better to potty train toddlers?

paula - February 23rd, 2011 9:43 AM

are you using a potty chair to help her with potty training? a potty chair can be pretty useful. but don't force the kid though, it'll come in time.

laurie - February 23rd, 2011 9:46 AM

hi kiss. if you are using a potty chair, let your niece feel comfortable using it. you can let her play with it, decorate or use it in anyway that makes her at ease with the chair.

paula - February 23rd, 2011 9:49 AM

that's right. It's also important that you explain to your niece the purpose of using the potty chair and what you want her to do with it. Just don't try to push her but make sure you don't delay the training as well. Be firm but gentle.

marthaS_00 - February 25th, 2011 9:36 AM

check this site, its has tips on when to start the potty training and what to do

link:pottytrainingconcepts.com/C
TGY/Getting-Started-Potty-Training.htm
l

kayeleeb01 - February 26th, 2011 12:59 PM

Is Your Child Ready for Potty Training?

As babies turn into toddlers, parents may begin looking forward to one of the biggest transitions of all of childhood -- moving out of diapers and into toilet training. Here's a bit of advice and help to get you started.

Read the full article
family.go.com/parenting/article-2052
33-is-your-child-ready-for-potty-training--t/

BarryDDrew1 - February 28th, 2011 4:42 AM

kids has different grip and hand shapes. i'm sure she'll be able to perfectly hold the pot for letting her practice in her potty training.

BEA228 - February 28th, 2011 8:11 AM

Don't worry about it. When it comes to potty there is no uniform age for kids. In fact, 3 years of age is still young. I know this for a fact because my son wasn't quite ready until he was almost 5. Yes you can't force them. Let them come to it at their own terms.

Ericka-Pretty - March 2nd, 2011 10:20 AM

Okey, would you believe I started using the potty at the age of 5 & 1/2 Y.O.? I refused to not wear a diaper or pull-ups no matter how my parents would talk me into it.

You know what brought about the change fast? When they brought me to school. With the other kids I, my dad told me, was always fascinated with the things I learned and very friendly. Then I found out other kids have been potty-trained already. I got so embarassed I told dad when I got home to help me.

Please login or register to post on this thread.