New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
Michelle - April 14th, 2011 1:58 AM

my sin is allergic to seafoods-even merely smelling it can cause an attack... he usually gets hives or would get inflammed lips and eyes... what could be the worst allergic attack?

Caren - April 14th, 2011 9:59 AM

the most severe form of allergy reaction is anaphylaxis.. it's when the geart rate drops and you'll find it hard to breathe.. it's a critical condition since it can ba life threatening...

Keesha - April 14th, 2011 10:42 AM

the worst allergic attack is called anaphylaxix which can cause death. you should see if your son needs to carry an epipen incase such an emergency arises.

cyberz - April 16th, 2011 10:57 AM

anaphylactic shock can lead to death. in this situation the bronchial tubes constrict making it hard for the victim to breathe.

j_jordan - April 17th, 2011 9:38 AM

I carry an Epi-pen for my peanut allergy. I've had it since I was a child. I've never outgrown it like some people said I would. I've only had to use it 3 times in my life. And the experience is really scary. I would advise you Michelle to ask your pediatrician if your son is able to use an Epi-pen Jr.

Wanda - April 20th, 2011 12:29 AM

I agree with j_jordan. Even though kids can build up resistance to the allergen it is always better to be safe. If this epipen is what he needs to save his life then you should see if he is able to use this. Also limit his exposure to these kinds of things. Allergies usually need management and they become second nature after some time.

eLeOnOr - April 21st, 2011 2:43 AM

My son is asthmatic and is allergic to egg. So everything we have in the house is egg free. During his birthday he gets a special cake that is made without eggs. His favorite food is spaghetti but the pasta is made without eggs. So it really boils down to managing and planning. We also have all his medicines in stock all the time wherever we go.

Please login or register to post on this thread.