New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
Easther Yey - April 15th, 2011 1:12 AM

what are the common household things that can be harmful for kids?

Leylanie - April 15th, 2011 8:57 AM

This is a really good thing to ask because i never thought of it before. I mean some things are just "too common" that we fail to consider that it is still after all poisonous and should not be easily accessed by kids in the house. common household poisons are bath or liquid soap, shampoo, detergent and fabric conditioners... then there is also hydrogen peroxide for tending wounds, bathroom cleaners, kerosene, disc batteries and many more.

justinbieberfan - April 15th, 2011 9:31 AM

cleaners, air fresheners, bleach or anything that is not edible is usually poison in my book. This includes cosmetics too.

QueenAmidala - April 16th, 2011 10:41 AM

If we were to list all the potential dangers in the house then it would be hard to live anywhere else. The most important thing to keep in mind is to keep these harmful stuff away from reach of children.

diamondsragirlsBF - April 20th, 2011 3:07 AM

I agree with QueenAmidala. Instead of worrying about what's poisonous or not, why not make sure that all of these things are kept in places where kids cannot get to them. Dangerous or not we need them to keep our homes clean for our kids.

Quilter - April 21st, 2011 1:35 AM

At home we have a closet dedicated to storing these kinds of things. The key is hidden in a cabinet where none of the kids can reach them. It is unavoidable that we have to have stuff like these in the home. They are necessary but it is also necessary to take precautions when kids are involved.


Please login or register to post on this thread.